Friday 24 May 2013

White Floral Skater Dress


I recently purchased a dress from the Jolie Moi range at Dorothy Perkins. I used to be a total dressaholic and would buy a new dress for every occasion but as I'm trying to save I have reined myself in a bit. A night out for my boyfriends birthday is a good excuse for a new frock though  :) This is the one I choose
This dress with the black and white flowers is perfect for the summer season and the black mesh details smartened it up.  I also love that it's quite 50s inspired. 
We have had beautiful sunshine in beautiful Pembrokeshire today I  so I got a chance to model it in the garden.
As the dress is monochrome I wanted to inject a bit of colour into the outfit so will be wearing my coral shoes from peacocks 
I really love this dress, the material doesn't feel cheap which I have found with other dresses of the same style.  I did have to team it with a plain black belt as due to the "outy" style of the skirt  it can make you look bigger than you are so the belt helps to cinche in the waist.
It is also a bit on the short side. I'm 5'2 and always have to get my dresses shorted but this was fine without any altering but not sure how it would be on a taller girl.
I can't wait to put this on again for Saturday night :) 

The dress retails at £29 a great price for a very pretty, good quality dress.
I purchased this with my own money and am not being sponsored for this post. 





1 comment: